hey hey from Pittsburgh PA

Welcome. Enjoy. Read. Learn. Particpate. We're here to help.

thanks

i picked off two 910's on ebay that from the pics both appear to be in like new condition and are described to have all the accesories (most seem to be missing the remote or home doc or somethin)

got one for $102.50 and the other for $145.00 i would have really liked to have gotten em both a little closer to $200.00 but i still feel like i got a pretty decent deal

im currently browsin the board and soakin up as much as i can

see ya round the boards

Hello there. I am from Pittsburgh also. Just curious about the map versions installed on those. The thing about buying used is that if they do not have a current map they are just about worthless. A new map for each will run another $200.

Make sure you sign up for map updates, there are quite a few for the area.

Welcome to the forum and "GO STEELERS"...:)
thanx and wooooo lol

ezerhoden said:
Hello there. I am from Pittsburgh also. Just curious about the map versions installed on those. The thing about buying used is that if they do not have a current map they are just about worthless. A new map for each will run another $200.

Make sure you sign up for map updates, there are quite a few for the area.

aww jeeze now you got me nervous i didnt even think about that neither of them said what version of the maps they have installed and there is no way i can afford to upgrade either of them not for at least 6 months probly more

well i guess even if they are out of date i could always use google maps to chart my trips and then if they dont "fit" the map i could adjust manualy and put the route on the tom

actually it would probly be easier to chart it with the tom and check google maps and make sure the roads are all still there lol

oh well im just gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope at least one of em is fairly up to date scince one is for my parents (late christmas gift) and i really wanted to be able to give them a simple to use unit

by map update im assuming you mean the mapshare thing ?

thanks for the heads up on the map versions issue now i wont go spoutin off about it to my parents tellin em how great its gonna be untill i see what limitations the map may bring

have fun this weekend hope you got a nice place to watch the game

I don't get to concern'd on the maps as to whether they are brand new or older, my map on the OneXL is well over a year old and don't plan on updating it for at least another year or so, yes there maybe some streets newly added along with roads/highway info but for me that's no biggie, I can always (as you mention) just google out where I want to go and use the TT as added tool.....:D

One good thing about the 'Burgh' is that things don't change that much. If the map is somewhat dated the Mon Valley Expressway may not be on there. Other than that, it is mostly a lack of newer neighborhoods. The other corrections mapshare can fix. I have found there are a lot of unnamed streets but this is getting better with mapshare.

Ask a Question