Hey, from TomTom tech support!

Hey and welcome to the forum.

It's nice to have someone from support that can give us some insight. I see you've been helping already, keep up the great work.

Welcome to the forum and Thanks for stepping up, I see many on here with lots of question's and our local Guru's seem to do a good job in helping everyone out, A quick way for help direct to a support member would be a great help, bet you will be overwhelmed with questions...........:D

Neco, I can't express how happy I am to see someone from TomTom hanging out with us. It's great to see TomTom listening to their customers and exchanging ideas in open forums.

We're all eager to share what we've learned about the products and help each other out. When we learn something from one TT tech, we usually publish it here so that everyone can benefit, but having a technician right in the forum answering questions is even better.

Lol.. I signed up on here, and the next day (today) got fired for it.. So yes, nice idea.. too bad it doesn't work in the big corporate world ;-)

Sorry to hear that - and surprised you can laugh about it.

For their part, they were really stupid. As an employee, you would be careful about what you wrote. But as a possibly angry ex-employee - you could probably do some real damage. At the end of the day - you were/are much bigger then the corporate minions who made the decision to let you go.

Now - is there really a way to make a 910 think it is a 920 ???

Just kidding - welcome to our world.

hey bad luck nico maybe you should apply for a job with tomtom over here im sure there not as up tight as or american conterparts australias much more laid back and so are the people

Oh, you have to take it all in stride. From my perspective, they fired me for giving you guys a bit of a reality check, and being open and honest.. I was fired because I informed you guys that TomTom's North American repair center was currently out of stock of GO910s,
Doesn't make sense than that they are flogging them here.
and while this was annoying for you guys, it was silly of us all to expect to send in our 910s and expect a 920 in return just for waiting a little bit longer, when their RMA emails say that it can take a couple weeks. (after receiving, which alone can take over a week)

I think some hotshot probably saw it, took it for a LOT more than what it was, and decided to act before thinking rashionally about it.
S/he may not have had much choice once it was brought to their attention.
Their own employee said so and so, ... ; Class Action Suit, etc.
A corporate lawyer might have told them to nip it in the butt drastic action was required. All about due diligence.

It is a pity for you and the Company that has come to that.
Having a full time employee fielding questions and reporting on feed back of end users with Support experiences could have saved the company a lot of money in the long run as there, eventually would have been a vastly reduced number of formal Support questions raised, reduced number of phone calls. This in turn would have resulted in the lack of need to hire more support techs as the TomTom expands in North America.

I've been reading all kinds of forums on FidoNet and Internet for something like over 20 years and can count on the fingers of one hand the number of company employees participating in those forums. I used to wonder why but now understand why... Companies are extremely afraid that the real truth will come out, that people won't be able to understand and that lying is the ultimate solution until caught doing so. This attitude requires to have PR and law firms to handle their lies and half truths.

ALG with reality view? Sure got it! Just don't reveal there are only 6 or 8 of them in the whole NA continent. If consumers get to know about it, just tell them it'll get better in future releases... Can it get worse? Come on! It's the art of marketing and the war to get market share vs the competition.

Arno: What do you mean flogging? They aren't listed under the refurb items there.
Nico,
the "here" is a LINK to the British refurbished models. Click on it and you'll see.
Doesn't make sense than that they are flogging them here.

If there is a shortage in North America they could have obtained them from their British or German depots.

So, I'm openly a TomTom tech support, located in upstate NY. I'll try to visit often, not only to try to help out as much as I can, but also pick up some solutions that you've found too! I've been with TomTom for about 6 months now, but I've used TomToms for about two years, so I look forward to seeing you all around!

Do you still work for them??????????????????????????:confused: :confused:

Ask a Question