Help with Viewing Maps after download

Hi All, Currently in Australia where I purchased TT for trip to France and Spain. TT came with Australia maps, which I can see and use as they are on the hard drive. Now I have downloaded the Western Eurpoe map onto my SD card. I can not view these maps. Will the maps automatically display when I turn on TT in Europe or is there a way to view them while still in Australia? Thanks in advance! Cheers

Change Preferences/ Manage Maps/ Switch Maps and select the other map from the list, do the same step to revert back to your Australian map - Mike

Becky, I responded in your other thread (which I'm going to delete as it isn't a good idea to post the same query in more than one forum). I did ask over there that you reply with what kind of unit you had but Mike's advice will work if you are implying that you do indeed have a Go model.

--------
Yep, ok,.........see that you have a 730. Mike's advice will work. (It usually does ...:D).

Last edited:
Thanks Guys! Newbe-Itis....over posting...I should learn to trust trust trust! You guys are great!. So this means I do not have to wait to get there to see the maps! Yeah!

A way to test it will be to use the Prepare Route icon on page 2 of the main menu.

Pick a starting city and an ending city and let it plan the route. You can even see a demo of the route (obviously, this is with the European map selected).

What WON'T work while you are in OZ is trying the Navigate to functionality. You'll find yourself looking at a blank canvas because the gps sats 'know' you are in Australia but the map you have selected doesn't mesh with your gps location currently. Make sense?

If you have the European map selected and let the device get a GPS position fix while in Australia the device will display a warning about the map not being correct and prompting you to change it to a more suitable map with the press of a single button.

You should get the same behaviour when you get to Europe, if your Aussy map is still selected once the device gets a position fix, this is what my 930 displayed while in the UK with the Aussy map selected when I took it outside - Mike

Ask a Question