Help with maps on TT1 LE

Okay so I tried (for the eighth time) to download my "Latest Map Guarantee" tonight and I got the same error as usual. So I went to boot up my TT only to find that there were no US maps installed (only Guam). I checked in Home and it showed that the US maps were installed, but the file size was only 700MB, rather than 900 or so. So I went to restore off of an old backup, but nothing changed. Then I went and deleted the US_Canada folder from my TT and replaced it with the US_Canada folder from my backup...also without anything changing. I'm stumped, anyone have any ideas? I can't call Customer Service until Saturday and I was hoping to get this fixed sooner rather than later. This is really beginning to piss me off! Thanks in advance for your help!

Okay, found the clear flash tool, ran that, trying to restore now...not sure how to get 7.10 maps installed, but I guess at least it'll work again and I can tackle that issue later...

I had the same problem. Once I got it running again I did a full backup then downloaded the v710 maps again & was able to update the unit.

Lateknight, by any chance are you connected to a computer running vista?

GO

Nope, not running Vista...I think I'm going to back it up, delete TTHome off my computer, re-install that, clear the flash memory on my TT1, then try to download the maps again...I think this has more to do with errors within TTH than anything else...

Hey LateKnight,

I went through similar problems thats why I asked. I could download to my computer, but I got an error when installing to the device. It always stopped with an error on cname.dat (683mb +/-). I then tried bypassing TT Home by using my computer and copy/paste directly to the device. The device still did not want to take that file. After many hours trying different options (reinstalling TT home,etc) I called cs again and they sent me a usa-canada.7.meta file that was supposed to be a fix. It didnt on my Vista computer.

I thought perhaps it was a Vista problem because after trying 10 times unsuccessfully to get it to upload to the TT Device I went to my other computer running XP and it worked. I called upper level cs and let them know. The lady I talked to said they are having major issues with the Use Latest Map guarantee. After finding out that my problem was solved, she said not to mess with latest map guarantee for at least six weeks. Not sure why they said that when they could simply remove that option on TT home until they fixed it.

I spent many hours trying to fix this last week so I wish you lots of luck with your problem.

Take care, GO

Map update trouble

Okay so I tried (for the eighth time) to download my "Latest Map Guarantee" tonight and I got the same error as usual. So I went to boot up my TT only to find that there were no US maps installed (only Guam). I checked in Home and it showed that the US maps were installed, but the file size was only 700MB, rather than 900 or so. So I went to restore off of an old backup, but nothing changed. Then I went and deleted the US_Canada folder from my TT and replaced it with the US_Canada folder from my backup...also without anything changing. I'm stumped, anyone have any ideas? I can't call Customer Service until Saturday and I was hoping to get this fixed sooner rather than later. This is really beginning to piss me off! Thanks in advance for your help!

I had the same problem a couple months ago, and finally I called Tom Tom support. I did have to wait on hold for 25 minutes, but when I finally got through, they took care of the problem quickly and easily. By the end of the call I was downloading a new map, and it installed onto my ONE without any problems. I really have to give a hats off to Tom Tom support on that one!
:)

Guess I have to bite the bullet and actually call support...I'll give them a ring this weekend. Smokie, what was the problem with your ONE?

Support

I felt the same way about calling support, "biting the bullet", but I was pleasantly suprised.
I don't really know. I downloaded the new map to the HOME program, deleted the old map to make room, and then couldn't get the new one to load. Not only that, but I could't reload, or restore the old map. Even if I deleted all of the other files on the unit. They saved me from having a very expensive paper weight! :D

Ask a Question