Help with iPhone car sybols

Ok I have ip4, the typical method for using custom icons is slightly different.

If you use a icon with the red background on the iPhone, the red background shows up... You have to edit the icon, and set the background to transparent.

Easy enough once you figure out how... BUT there is a slight problem I need your help with!

When you save an image as lets say "Mario" the icon shows up in the M section like its supposed, but its title is "Not Defined...". Is there data inside the file that labels it that I need to access and "define"?

Example (notice HERBIE, and MARIO are both "Not Defined"), but in alphabetical order as per their filenames...
photo.png

I really want to fix this as I am a perfectionist, so please, can anyone who knows alot about images help?

Thanks

Rotate the iPhone so its in Landscape rather than Portrait and can you read the full name next to each icon, in Portrait only part of the name is showing - Mike

I want to know what the full name is to try and work out where it might be stored, I don't have any custom car icons on my TT app just voices and POI files - Mike

All the built in car pictures have two icons:

name.png 32 bit 80x80 pixel size
(e-mail address removed) 32 bit 160 x 160 pixel size

You might been both files for the software to pickup the car picture correctly - Mike

All the built in car pictures have two icons:

name.png 32 bit 80x80 pixel size
(e-mail address removed) 32 bit 160 x 160 pixel size

You might been both files for the software to pickup the car picture correctly - Mike

Thanks, but unfortunatly I already tried that. I made them just in case the phone needed a "@2x" icon

Wouldnt you know they didn't show up in the list either, so it prob was a good idea to make them as well...

BUT still "Not Defined"

Any other ideas? there has to be a difference somewhere!

Ask a Question