Help with driving abroad

Hi

I live in the UK and have a TT One XL. As you probably know we drive on the left in the UK and as we are planning a trip to mainland Europe shortly I was wondering what my TomTom could do to help me with driving on the right hand side of the road.

I have selected the option to give a warning/reminder to drive on the right but this only seems to give a warning when you first set out and so it not of much use once you have started your journey.

What would be ideal is if you could split the Red direction line in two so that it would would show Red on one side and say Green on the other. This would give me a constant reminder which side of the road I should be driving on, is this possible ?

Any other ideas of how my TT could help me drive safely in Europe would ber appreciated. i.e. do the newer TT's provide any additional benefits in this area.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

I don't think any GPS can do what you're looking for. None are so accurate as to know which side of the road you're on. I think the accuracy is about 15 feet. That's why sometimes if you're on an access road or service road next to the freeway (motorway), the GPS might think you're on the freeway itself.

Good luck with your trip... especially when driving through a rotary or roundabout. It's got to be hard to keep that straight for sure. :D

Keeping to the right...
NonUK_Roundabout_8_Cars.gif

Ask a Question