help with activation code

I have tried to update my 920 using the activation code that came with my device. I have logged in and put the code in (in capital letters), clicked on activate and nothing happens. At the bottom of the screen, it says that there are errors on the page so I refresh but it makes no difference. What am I doing wrong?

To update your device use TomTom home. It automatically checks for updates when you connect. You can also use the latest map guarantee (go to File and it is in the drop down list) to check for map updates. And lastly, you can check for TomTom Home updates by clicking under Help in TomTom Home. There was a new release today.

Another member had the same problem and I found this from another thread in the forum:
Please rest assured that your promotion code for a map update is not invalid. The error you are experiencing is because our map update system no longer requires a promotion code. If your unit does not have the most current map, it will appear as an update when you connect your Go 920 to TomTom HOME. Alternately, you can access it by selecting Latest Map in the upper corner. If you have not yet visited this program, it can be downloaded at:

www.tomtom.com/home

Last edited:
To update your device use TomTom home. It automatically checks for updates when you connect. You can also use the latest map guarantee (go to File and it is in the drop down list) to check for map updates. And lastly, you can check for TomTom Home updates by clicking under Help in TomTom Home. There was a new release today.

Another member had the same problem and I found this from another thread in the forum:
Please rest assured that your promotion code for a map update is not invalid. The error you are experiencing is because our map update system no longer requires a promotion code. If your unit does not have the most current map, it will appear as an update when you connect your Go 920 to TomTom HOME. Alternately, you can access it by selecting Latest Map in the upper corner. If you have not yet visited this program, it can be downloaded at:

www.tomtom.com/home

The latest map guarantee tells me that when I put the code in, it is not valid. It should automatically pull in the update.

Same for me. I got invalid code and new maps for 1 year is not working after install new version of TT home today (version 2.2.1.58). It said either 30 days already expired or I'm not eligible for it.

Last edited:
Same for me. I got invalid code and new maps for 1 year is not working after install new version of TT home today (version 2.2.1.58). It said either 30 days already expired or I'm not eligible for it.

The code has not been necessary for a couple of software versions of TTHome in order to have you get 'verified' for the map.

However, as you are discovering, TomTom's new approach is anything but seamless.

Call TT Support, explain the situation, and they should make the map available via Update my Go. Others have gotten the map that way.

Question (updates)

I got my 920 yesterday, and noticed my update's show for a 720 instead of my 920 any ideas? or do they work for both/
Thanks

I just bought my 920 today and I am having the same problem, I think I will just call support tomorrow as I don't believe my maps (Map Share) is updating itself...

I just bought my 920 today and I am having the same problem, I think I will just call support tomorrow as I don't believe my maps (Map Share) is updating itself...

Open your HOME 2 and click on 'tools' on top.
Select 'Tom Tom Map Share' and make sure you have join.

Ask a Question