HELP: TT1 software same as TT1xl?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One v3
Hi guys, got a question and see if you guys do have the answer for it. Thanks.

I currently using the TT1 myself, and my friend just brought a TT1 XL. I guess my friend is over excited with his new toy, and he deleted the build in map. (the second day he have it without doing any backups)

Since I backup mine already, will I be able to transfer my existing map to his XL?

Thanks a million~

Hi guys, got a question and see if you guys do have the answer for it. Thanks.

I currently using the TT1 myself, and my friend just brought a TT1 XL. I guess my friend is over excited with his new toy, and he deleted the build in map. (the second day he have it without doing any backups)

Since I backup mine already, will I be able to transfer my existing map to his XL?

Thanks a million~

You would need an authorization code to download a map on his XL. No backup-crikey!!

If it was the same version map as what it was before, would it work? I know when I remove and add different maps on mine it doesn't ask for the activation code again even though it's a different SD card. It seems to remember I've already activated that version map before....

What do you mean by adding different maps?

Like if I manually delete the USA and Canada map from the card and then copy over a Europe map and use that. When I delete the Europe map and put the USA/Canada map back on, it doesn't ask for the activation again.

So I was thinking if they both had the 6.65 USA/Canada map originally and he deleted it from his One XL, then copied it back on from his friends backup, it would still be the same map and not require activation.

Just a theory, I don't know for sure.....

Ask a Question