Help, TT 910 is dead!

thanks sooo much guys for the helpful comments

i called the tech support #, got thru after about 20 mts on hold..

she asked me to do the same thing as y'all and lo and behold, it came back to life!:p

i did exactly the same thing last night and it wld 'nt go undead on me :mad:

oh well, it seems to be on..

for now :)

am glad i discovered this forum tho, there is a TON of stuff i cld be doing with my TT that i was clueless about.. .. you guys rock

one quick ques , is it really true that one should avoid charging up with the home charger exclusively- like i have been doing

also, the charger cable for the home charger is mega loose, i asked tech support about it, sounds like i got a bad part, and need to buy another, anyone else have an issue like that

thanks

snowed-in in boston:(

ETA

one last ques: can i change my TT home computer sync set up from a PC to a mac? will i need a new user name when i install TT home on my mac? thanks again

Last edited:
one quick ques , is it really true that one should avoid charging up with the home charger exclusively- like i have been doing
this coould very well be your problem with it not coming back on... yes you can over charge.

can i change my TT home computer sync set up from a PC to a mac? will i need a new user name when i install TT home on my mac? thanks again
youb wont need a new user name.

Glad you got it sorted... too bad you ddin't listen the firt time here and wasted 20 min on hold with TTsupport. :D

can you believe we are getting this much snow in march?!!?!?!

Glad to hear it came back to life.

I always charge my 910 using the Home Dock. I have never used my car charger.
I always charge both my 910 and ONE over night and haven't had any problems.

When I first got my 910, I did have problems with my Home Dock.
TT Support send me a new one to replace my original.
They should replaces yours (if it's deffective) and not inform you to go and purchase one.

What did the trick? was it holding down the pin reset button under the tomtom or the power button?

Glad to hear it came back to life.

I always charge my 910 using the Home Dock. I have never used my car charger.
I always charge both my 910 and ONE over night and haven't had any problems.

When I first got my 910, I did have problems with my Home Dock.
TT Support send me a new one to replace my original.
They should replaces yours (if it's deffective) and not inform you to go and purchase one.

What did the trick? was it holding down the pin reset button under the tomtom or the power button?

Pedro...

I had that problem once or twice, and I just held the POWER button down, until it did a hard reset.... (drumbeats)...

You could also try like on some other devices press and hold the reset button while you are pressing the power-on...

for those old school mac guys ...its like zapping the p-ram....clears up mystery problems quickly

Hermdog:

Thanks for mentioning the sloppy power connection on the HOME dock. Contrary to the windshield one, mine is ditto but the green light is a good guide.

The comments above will caution me not to over-charge since I often leave it connected more than 3 hours and it feels mildly warm.

guys i bought a 6 $ tom tom home dock charger cable from ebay, fits much better than the cable that came with the unit..

Ask a Question