HELP Trying using more than one map in one journey HELP!!!

TomTom Model(s)
I am new to this site so first of all i want to say hi to all

I have a problem and was hoping somone will be able to help

I want to travel to poland from england using the tomtom go 910.
My problem is that i have 2 maps on my tomtom one is western europe and the other is eastern europe they both work just not together.
I have tried to put the polish postcode into the tomtom but because i am using western europe it will not let me also if i switch maps i will not be able to find my way out of western europe.
Is it possible to get both maps working at the same time this way i will be able to see the the whole route and E.T.A without switching maps.

I hope its not to confusing and i hope somone will have an answer for me

Thankyou for taking the time to read this and i wish you a good day.:)

many thanks John ...

Yours is not the first with that request. Unfortunately, what you want to accomplish can't be handled by TomTom. The best you can do is plan a trip to the far east border of one country on the WE map and then switch to CE and plan a trip from the far west border of a country bordering on the country in the WE map to your final destination.

Thankyou for your reply

Do you know if any satnav can do what im looking for or is it possible to get a map of europe complete.

or am i clutching at straws

many thanks John...

I would have thought you know which road you will be on at the point the Waestern_Europe map ends the the Eastern_Europe map takes over prior to the trip, a simple look at any road map will offer this information so create a POI Category in the Western_Europe map and add a location called map transition point, select this as the destination prior to leaving England (note by default it will take you through the channel tunnel which is a pet hate of mine). Then change the map to Eastern_Europe and create another POI Category and add a location called map transition point right on the edge of this map on the road you want to be on for the return trip and select that for the destination on the way back.

I appreciate this means two routes but it does work, once you go out of range for the map you are using the device will throw a warning screen up offering to switch maps to a more suitable one if it knows there is something better loaded to the device - Mike

I wonder what would happen if you put the lattititude and longitude in manually if that would work. My last unit was from LG and the Canada and US maps were separate. It would still let me put in the US location, and would automatically switch maps when I crossed the border. You could find it on Google maps and then transfer it to your TomTom. Might be worth a try.

Ask a Question