Help, Problems installing Tripmaster on Go 910?

TomTom Model(s)
Hi Everyone,

Well I have been battling with this for a bit....for some reason cannot install tripmaster 1.7b whatsoever.

The installation instructions on the bottom of the webzaar site are for an older edition but I have been able kinda follow the steps.

I downloaded the file...and unzipped it to the Extra content area....which on the 910 does not exist for me...

C:\Documents and Settings\MB\Start Menu\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Content\

I had to make a folder called content in the HOME directory....

I looked in the HOME install area and nothing to install....same goes when I reset and disconnect...nothing to install....any help would be appreciated.

Regards....

When you unzip the file you should have a .toc and a .cab files. If you have those two files in your Content directory just restart HOME. When HOME restarts under application, you should have an option Tripmaster to install. Select it and click on install.

Didnt have the Toc and Cab files because I unzipped the cab file...LOL.....once you explained it good to go! Thanks Digi!

I have both to .toc and .cab files in the content folder. I run TTHOME and it shows up to install, i click install, and nothing. It doesnt show up on the right hand side under what i have installed and when i disco from the computer, and try to run it on the tt it dont work either. What am i doing wrong?

I have both to .toc and .cab files in the content folder. I run TTHOME and it shows up to install, i click install, and nothing. It doesnt show up on the right hand side under what i have installed and when i disco from the computer, and try to run it on the tt it dont work either. What am i doing wrong?

It's not suppose to show on the right hand side. If you installed it, just disconnect from the computer and you should see the program on the last page of your main menu.

Are you supposed to unzip the .cab file? The icon for that file should be a little file cabinet looking thing right?

Are you supposed to unzip the .cab file? The icon for that file should be a little file cabinet looking thing right?

No you should not unzip and yes it looks like a file cabinet. The *.cab should stay compressed as it will uncompress when you choose to install it through HOME.

Having said that, the *.cab file really represents what should be copied to the root of your SD card. To make things simplier though, just leave it uncompressed and let HOME install the app for you.

Can i just download the file, unzip it so i have a zipped .cab file and an unzipped .toc file and copy it to the sd card? Not in any certain folder just right at the root folder?

Can i just download the file, unzip it so i have a zipped .cab file and an unzipped .toc file and copy it to the sd card? Not in any certain folder just right at the root folder?

No, that won't work. The easiet (and user friendly) way is to uncompress the file in your content directory so you will have a *.cab and *.toc.

Then open HOME, and under applications (the middle column) you should see tripmaster.

Select the box beside it and click on install. You should then see that the file is being uncompressed and is installing.

After it is done, you will not see the application Tripmaster on the right column, this is normal.

Disconnect your device and when you browse through the menu you should see it on the last page.

I finally got it, and while i was at it got Nano X1.3. Awesome program. Thanks for all your help.

TripMaster 1.7a Audio Problems??

I installed TripMaster 1.7a into my TT910 running 6.510 It seems to work as advertized however all audio seemed to be disabled from the TT910 navigator except for the overspeed alarms from Tripmaster. This didn't seem to depend upon whether tripmaster launched or not.
I removed tripmaster and audio seems to have returned.
Does anyone have an idea what is happening.
Bob

P.S. Is there a third party program that only logs position and time?

Ask a Question