Help PDA won't connect to Tomotom Home

I have purchased a map from Tomtom, and the only way to get it is to connect the Dell Axim X50V running Navigator 5, to the tomtom home to download, but it will not connect. And no support at weekends.

Welcome to the forum, for a PDA you need to be using Home version 1,6 as the newer versions won't work, you can download Home vs1,6 by clicking Here - Mike

I downloaded the tomtom home winlatest file and installed but when i click on Maps in my account on Tomtom.com it opens up Tomtom Home ver 2.7 and says no device connected.

On the computer click start/ programs and select TomTom, there should be two TomTom Home entires, one for Home 1 and the other for Home 2 make sure you select the correct one, don't rely on Home to work out which one is the correct one though as its useless at getting this right! - Mike

Thanks Mike, i am using ver 1.6 to download my new map.

One other question. I have a lot of rubbish on my memory card and built in memory, like several Tomtom folders.

If i wanted to clear out duplicate versions of the same maps etc what is the best way to do it. Is it best to have everything in the same Tomtom folder? and if i delete a map from the pda, am i still able to download it again from tomtom?

Use a card reader to make a full backup of the SD card before you start deleting anything from it, if you are downloading a new map I can only assume Home will be installing TomTom Navigator 7 as part of the upgrade, you are rather fortunate to own the X51V as thats one of only a handfull of non HTC devices that TomTom still offer support for with the newer application - Mike

Ask a Question