Help!! No voice guidance!! TomTom 510

:confused: Out of the clear blue Ive lost my voice guidance. Ive checked everything I can think of. The sound works fine. Ive been using the bluetooth hands free and the sound is fine. Already checked the voice prefs. I even tried changing the voice and the test button doesnt produce a sound. Just no voice guidance. Help.

How old is your unit?

Three weeks old.

Change to a different voice and see what happens...

Tried that one too. Changed to a different voice. Tried the test button with no response and guidance with no voice.

Something interesting last night though. While fooling around with the voice settings, a few times I got a message that the file wasnt valid. After restarting I no longer received the message.

I thought you posted that you tried a reset and that didn't work?

Remember, TomTom Devices like a long reset. 10-30 seconds of holding the reset button in... ;)

Last edited:
Have you recently deleted voice files, either inadvertently or to save space on your card?

Remember, TomTom Devices like a long reset. 10-30 seconds of holding the reset button in... ;)

I did a factory reset within the preferences. Is there a hard reset button?

Have you recently deleted voice files, either inadvertently or to save space on your card?

I deleted a couple voices I installed. It worked after that though. Ive been thinking about reinstalling the whole voices file.

Found the reset button. Worked like a charm. You've gotta love modern technology. Thanks guys!

Sweet! I know it's frustrating when things like this happen. Glad you got it all sorted.

Ask a Question