Help: my problem with the TT function in XL 350

Hi, I got my XL 350TM, and this is my first gps. Like it a lot, however, after the first test drive, I found one major problem.
For a 30 minutes drive, involving 3 different highway, my gps only said three sentences. the first one is when I started, and last one is "you are approaching the destination". There is no voice guidance when I was changing lanes on highway AT ALL:confused: I am sure the unit was not muted, cauz I kept on checking... And even the three sentences, one is broken, only say "turn left" and stopped!!!

Can anyone help me with this problem or it's just normal for this unit? Appreciate. Other than this, I like this unit a lot, but have to return if this is unfixable.

Try a reset on the unit and see if that helps. I think that model has a dedicated pin reset hole on the bottom of the unit.

It might be the common prb of having the volume set 'too high': try to keep it at 85% or lower (and to UNclick 'link speed to volume'). This is a glitch that TT is working on.

thx. but if I unlink the voice with speed, I cannot hear the voice at all. I will give a try to lower the voice to see what happen. thx a lot

thx. but if I unlink the voice with speed, I cannot hear the voice at all. I will give a try to lower the voice to see what happen. thx a lot

Really? I thought if you unlink the voice w/ speed, then the volume is constant. The prb if you link w/ speed is if you are moving fast, then the volume will be raised beyond 85% and that is when you'll start having the sound prbs.

Really? I thought if you unlink the voice w/ speed, then the volume is constant. The prb if you link w/ speed is if you are moving fast, then the volume will be raised beyond 85% and that is when you'll start having the sound prbs.

I think the problem is Susan's voice at 85% is very hard to hear for some. I download Simon computer voice because it is easier to hear at 85%.

Here's hoping that fix comes soon!

I think the problem is Susan's voice at 85% is very hard to hear for some. I download Simon computer voice because it is easier to hear at 85%.

Here's hoping that fix comes soon!

Oh, didn't know Simon's voice is better at higher volumes. I prefer female voices though so I guess I'm stuck w/ Susan.

Oh, didn't know Simon's voice is better at higher volumes. I prefer female voices though so I guess I'm stuck w/ Susan.

Actually what I meant was I feel that Simon's voice is easier to hear at lower volumes. If we can't go above 80%-85% max volume I find it is easier to hear Simon than Susan.

Of course my wife's name is Susan so I hear her voice in my head with TT on or off!;)

Actually what I meant was I feel that Simon's voice is easier to hear at lower volumes. If we can't go above 80%-85% max volume I find it is easier to hear Simon than Susan.

Of course my wife's name is Susan so I hear her voice in my head with TT on or off!;)

Oh well, I still prefer hearing a female's voice.

LOL re Susan.

Ask a Question