HELP ME I Am getting angry now

:mad:

Ok, I have spent way too long trying to figure out how to do this>

I am going on a trip from Jacksons Point Ontario Canada to Myrtle Beach this summer. I like the route google maps has chosen and dont like the route my tom tom one has chosen, I used Tyre to make an Itnerary but it seems really wonkey when i load it Tom Tom.

Can somebody map this for me or tell me a good way to do it? I want it to use the roads google picked..

Thanks,

Rick

Use the Itinerary function to make your own, copying the route that Google Maps gave you. For the waypoints, use points on the map. Zoom in real close to make sure you place the cursor in the proper lane of the highway.

When finished, your route will be made up of destinations (checkered flag). All but the last one must be changed to 'waypoints'.

You can then save this route to call up when you need it.

To test it, you must have a satelite fix.

Wow...I am going to have to give that link a shot. I tried the planning on the TT1 and inadvertantly picked the wrong side of the highway so it wanted me to make u-turns. Also tried Google Earth/Tyre and it worked ok but would have much rather used google maps and exported it like that website does. Much easier than picking my own route and points for sure.

Try using this script for making itineraries - http://houghi.org/tomtom/

Hopefully, that might be easier for you.

Does Tyre not make the itinerary correct?

It makes the itinerary but its directions are not near as good or as close as google maps...Can somebody try this out and show me what it could look like? I just want to see somebody who is good at this try it out.

Thanks,

Rick

I tried it out for my trip from Myrtle Beach back home in NJ. I changed googles route right around here in MB only to avoid traffic and used the link above to make an itn. First attempt was terrible. When I imported the itn it only had my start point, one point where I changed the route and my destination so I still ended up with the TT routing. What I found I needed to do was periodically set places along my route as destinations so they end up tagged by google and then into the itn. The itn file was fairly large but it was dead on what I wanted.

I've been playing with Google's new mapping ability to choose roads (for a rally I'm planning)

You can move the blue line to the road you want to be on then it will snap in a waypoint.

I think this was mentioned above, but you take the "link to the route" and past it into this site and it will create an itn file.

http://houghi.org/tomtom/

Works really well but may take you on a different route depending on route preference (fastest, avoid highways, etc) that you choose.

Thats what my problem with it is. I wish Tom Tom would develop a better way to do this. I did the google way and when I load it to Tom Tom it still picks a wonkey route... Its is not very good. OK TOM TOM DEVELOPERS Partner up and design something we can use easily!

Cheers

I've been playing with Google's new mapping ability to choose roads (for a rally I'm planning)

You can move the blue line to the road you want to be on then it will snap in a waypoint.

I think this was mentioned above, but you take the "link to the route" and past it into this site and it will create an itn file.

http://houghi.org/tomtom/

Works really well but may take you on a different route depending on route preference (fastest, avoid highways, etc) that you choose.

Thats what my problem with it is. I wish Tom Tom would develop a better way to do this. I did the google way and when I load it to Tom Tom it still picks a wonkey route... Its is not very good. OK TOM TOM DEVELOPERS Partner up and design something we can use easily!

Cheers

That is why I said I needed to set the extra way points on google. Once I did that the TT1 mapped the same route, kind of a pain but it was easier than setting the waypoints through the touh screen.

Ask a Question