Help loading new map after Tom Tom home Froze

Hi,
I have Windows Vista 64.
I have the 550 tm xxl.I just bought the unit.
I downloaded Tom Tom Home yesterday.I hooked the 550 to my computer and downloaded all the updates. I then put my activation code in for the life time maps and downloaded the new map.I got 90% finished and the computer totally froze.I had no choice but to shut down.When I went back to try the map again I got an error and could not download it.
Can anybody give me some advice.
Thanks,
Glenn

Was the new map downloaded but not installed? If so, you'll find it here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

Or, are you saying the download itself did not get completed? If that is the case, try again. Don't use a wireless connection. A directly connected router/modem proves best for large downloads (like maps) from TomTom servers.

Thanks.
The map download was not at that location.I'll try your second suggestion and advise.
I appreciate the help.
Thanks

This is the error I get:
ERROR: 2147500037/#http://community.tomtom.com/content...019.32.8.60&muid=GL1440C00979&encryption=drm: Error from server: Failed to create output file
Failed to create output file
Error code: 2147500037 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
URL: http://community.tomtom.com/content....019.32.8.60&muid=GL1440C00979&encryption=drm
Additional information: info = [object]
info.method = [string] GET
info.resumeOffset = [number] 0
info.resumeDownloadEnabled = [boolean] false
info.entityID = [string]
info.file = [string] C:\Users\Owner\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\map\USA__Canada___Mexico-1\activation.zip
info.metaFile = [string] C:\Users\Owner\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\temp\b0df28cee32817ae00e40cafbc2ac5c5.tmp.meta
info.tempFile = [string] C:\Users\Owner\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\temp\b0df28cee32817ae00e40cafbc2ac5c5.tmp

Severity: 1105
-
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFileOutputStream.init]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js :: anonymous :: line 323" data: no]
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:335
this._getRequestInfo());

CAUSE: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFileOutputStream.init]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js :: anonymous :: line 323" data: no]
in chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:323
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:323
behaviorFlags);

Time: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 13:40:06 GMT

Glenn, from what I can decifer, it seems to be an error at TomTom's end with the servers. It happens. Alot.

You may wish to try again later or call CS at 866-486-6866.

thanks,I called Tom Tom CS.
The fellow who helped me was beyond helpful(I know shocking).He hung with me for almost an hour.I've downloaded the new maps and everything is right with the world.

Ask a Question