HELP: i want back to Navcore 7

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 3rd
after accidently accept to upgrade to navcore 8, i realize that I dont like it. the start up does not as fast as navcore 7, it seams slower, and the worst thing the compass is small witho no direction print on it.

but, i dont have navcore 7 back up. who can help me to get back to navcore 7 ? please ....

thanks

after accidently accept to upgrade to navcore 8, i realize that I dont like it. the start up does not as fast as navcore 7, it seams slower, and the worst thing the compass is small witho no direction print on it.

but, i dont have navcore 7 back up. who can help me to get back to navcore 7 ? please ....

thanks

here's a link that includes 7.221 (probably the last reliable version):

http://www.oldboy.me.uk/TomTomUpdates/index.html

thanks for the link. I downloaded it.
but what should I do next ?
what do I have to do with that file ?

thanks

thanks for the link. I downloaded it.
but what should I do next ?
what do I have to do with that file ?

thanks

First, make a full backup of your unit's contents as is using Explorer, not TTHome. Make sure hidden files/folders are showing as are extensions for known file types.

Now, delete the loose files (NOT FOLDERS) in the root of your unit.

Then, unzip the firmware file and place the files there in the root of your unit.

You need either WinZip or WinRAR tool to unzip this file.
Extract them into the root directory of the Tomtom device.

I tried doing this for my ONE xl-s with 7.166 and it worked except for now I can't pickup a signal and it won't let me connect online when I hook it up to my computer.

any ideas?

I tried doing this for my ONE xl-s with 7.166 and it worked except for now I can't pickup a signal and it won't let me connect online when I hook it up to my computer.

any ideas?

pin reset, maybe?

It worked for me thanks!

I restored back this way after losing the itinerary option that I loved while riding my motorcycle!!! Works great didnt like Navcore 8!!

J

Ask a Question