Help! I think I broke my dad's TOMTOM :(

So, my dad bought a tomtom from a pawnshop and it had not been updated in three years. He gave it to me to update and something went wrong somewhere. I accidentally unplugged the device while it was updating and that did something to it. But now as I was trouble shooting it, my computer no longer recognizes the device and I'm having issues formatting it. The customer service rep told me that the lack of updates may have had something to do with it. But the device worked prior to me messing it up. Help me please!
Device tomtom XL IQ routes
computer windows vista

Unless you managed to back up the contents BEFORE you started formatting that device, you may be in heap big trouble. You need a copy of the map that was on it to restore to the unit after you format. The firmware we can reload from TomTom. The MAP, on the other hand .. well, will wait to hear from you to find out if you backed it up. I hope so, else it's going to cost a bit to buy a new map on top of the pawn shop price for the unit.

Yes I backed it up, its making a little bit more progress formatting.
I just bought him a different one on amazon.com. Hopefully if I manage to fix this one he can sell it back to the pawnshop or something else.

Ask a Question