Help... I deleted the Computer voices

Also, unless I am mistaken....It is possible to obtain the voices from his upgraded North America DVD?

hi Mike, yeah the upgrade DVD only has the maps data on it. And the free voices that come with the origional DVD. The TTS voices/program isn't somethign that an end-user has access to reinstall. TomToms way of making sure licenced software stays with the licensed end user I guess...

Nice thought though!

hi Mike, yeah the upgrade DVD only has the maps data on it. And the free voices that come with the origional DVD. The TTS voices/program isn't somethign that an end-user has access to reinstall. TomToms way of making sure licenced software stays with the licensed end user I guess...

Nice thought though!

I could be mistaken, but I am fairly certain that when selecting the map I wished to install, all the way at the bottom of the list were a list of voices (right below the satalitte images, that I don't see the purpose of)

Those aren't TTS voices though. Those are recorded human voices... ;)

Ah, that is is where the confusion resides....I guess that I was mistaken...

Battom, I would like to know if you could handle an interesting question. (at least in my mind it is)

On the Macintosh Operating System (system 7.0 - System 9.0) and I believed all varieties of OSX, the system utilizes TTS...

Is it possible to convert/adapt/use one of these voices on a TomTom? ( Aside from all licensing restrictions etc...) Is it do able? I would REALLY love to use "Good News", "Bad News" and "Hysterical"" Navigation voices :)

Anyone who has a Mac, and does not know what I mean, open SimpleText and Type something, then explore the menus for SPEAK TEXT... (I believe its APPLE-T)....

Is it possible? Yep Can I manage a way to get it done? No... I don't have a Mac and have been unsuccesful in obtaining one.

TTS does work on TomTom's ONE. The feature was disabled thruogh a firmware upgrade. Since that time, anyone who had it has ben trying to find a way to get it back. Anyone who hasn't had it and thinks they want it as also joined that hunt... welcome to the club! :D

I suspect... and this is mere speculation on my part... but I suspect with all the talk abotu TTS and ONE, it's something that you might see available on the new ONE v3 that TomTom isn't talking about yet.... only time and the ability to obtain that unit will tell.

Is it possible? Yep Can I manage a way to get it done? No... I don't have a Mac and have been unsuccesful in obtaining one.

TTS does work on TomTom's ONE. The feature was disabled thruogh a firmware upgrade. Since that time, anyone who had it has ben trying to find a way to get it back. Anyone who hasn't had it and thinks they want it as also joined that hunt... welcome to the club! :D

I suspect... and this is mere speculation on my part... but I suspect with all the talk abotu TTS and ONE, it's something that you might see available on the new ONE v3 that TomTom isn't talking about yet.... only time and the ability to obtain that unit will tell.

I as well, no longer have a mac...but I think I will try to obtain those files from an OSX cd and figure it out...

Good luck! Seriously... if you find the answer.... post it and you will find yourslef among the worshiped! hahaha (at least from fanchee anyway) ;)

sad to say that i have joined the "deleted computer voice group", called TT support and explaned what happend and they issued me an RMA number to return the unit so they can reinstall the deleted files, asked how long it would take and was told 7 to 14 days, a lesson well learned

NO the computer voices he is referring to is the Text to Speech voices only found on the 910.
Sending in the 910 is his answer to restoring the voices without a backup.

Ask a Question