Help... I deleted the Computer voices

Help me
I accidentally deleted Susan, Dave, Kate computer voices (all the english ones). Can someone help me get them back? I have a 910. What should I do? I looked on the tomtom home website and they don't have the computer voices.

thanks a bunch for your help

Let's hope you made a backup. If you did not, you'll have to call TT support and most likely send your unit back in.

None of that matters though if you don't have a valid backup.... You'll need to call TT Support.

LOL, I was answering your survey says question, thought I had the right answer. :)

Sorry I've been sleeping
I do not have a back up of the voices
I thought I did because I did a backup of the 910 before upgrading, but I forgot to add the computer voices as a backup.
Then when I upgraded to the new maps I found out that the voices were reading the wrong street names in certain sections. So I deleted everything to start from scratch again... that's the whole story. I guess I've learned my lesson.

I beleive... on the 910 during backups it asks you NOT to backup the voices files...to save room. You can certainly plead your case to TomTom Support and I'd be willing to bet they offer you some sort of download or DVD to reinstall them.... that or return your unit for another.... but get a hold of TT Support ASAP.... it's your ONLY hope.

sadly... you are not. The prompts for an initial backup shoudl tell you not to exclude anything. secondary backups...maybe, but not the first one.

Good luck!

Maybe Pedro can jump in here, but as I recall when performing the first 910 backup, it gives you the option to NOT include voices to save space. It doesn't FORCE you, but as I recall it does recommend saving space. I remember when I had the 910, I just copied over the Loquendo folder to my hard drive as a secondary measure.

too bad licensing issues won't allow him to ask another 910 user for the files.

Too bad he does not have newsgroup access to search for a file that contains "voix tomtom" ...

I have seen this file floating with tons of voices....

Also, unless I am mistaken....It is possible to obtain the voices from his upgraded North America DVD?

which might solve his problem... illegally! Just send it back to TT and make a full backup next time. Good luck with this!

Ask a Question