Help! How to pair a wm 6.1 phone with 720

I need to set up the data service between HTC Diamond and Tomtom 720. I am using a Sprint CDMA Diamond with stock rom wm 6.1. The Tomtom has installed the latest update.

I can do Internet tethering with USB and I downloaded a cab (wm6_BT_DUN) to enable the bluetooth DUN. But I am not sure if it works. Is there any way I can tell?

The Tomtom can find my Dimond has wireless data. I tried the following as manual set up in Tomtom. But they all failed. I read in another post that people can do it successfully with wm 6 on Mogul. So I guess it's a wm 6.1 or Sprint problem. Any suggestion to fix it? Thanks a lot.

Access point name: blank or Sprint PCS or Sprint PCS Vision
User name: blank or (e-mail address removed) (got it from sprint)
Password: blank or XXXXXXX (got it from sprint)
Dial number: #777
Script: blank

As long as you put the cab file for the DUN profile on the phone and then tapped it using file explorer on the phone to install the little file then the DUN profile will be on the device and it does work with the TT products.
I can't be any use to your issue with network settings though as I am UK based, someone else will have to sort that out - but please confirm you have actually tapped the cab installer on the phone? - Mike

As long as you put the cab file for the DUN profile on the phone and then tapped it using file explorer on the phone to install the little file then the DUN profile will be on the device and it does work with the TT products.
I can't be any use to your issue with network settings though as I am UK based, someone else will have to sort that out - but please confirm you have actually tapped the cab installer on the phone? - Mike

Yes. I did install the cab file on the phone. Although I am not quite sure if it works on WM 6.1 since it is designed for WM 6.0. Also, when I check settings-Bluetooth-Profiles. The DUN is not in the supported profiles list.

Ask a Question