Help! How to get a replacement car cable?

(I did see a charger thread, but it wasn't really about this)

My car cable died-no green light, another cable fine in same car with same TT unit. I called support about another problem and also asked about the cable-he said he didn't see a replacement cable in their system.

Any mini-USB of good quality should work...BUT they don't have the right angle to tuck under my TomTom ONE 130.

Anyone know of a replacement that will fit?

Thanks! I guess the TomTom guy didn't find the cable because it's not just the cable.

In the end I was spurred by the Best Buy comment to find (at MCMElectronics.com)
#28-10999 AC/DC Adaptor with USB Charger Outlet
: MWUSB1800 (Minwa) $8.19
plus a short USB cable to match
#83-10705 3 ft USB A / Mini 5 Pin Cable - Black: 170-2366-1I $3.09
The adaptor has folding-in 120V plugs plus 12V and then a USB output, quite nice.

just go online and look for the TomTom ONE 130 car charger on any online stor website. i got an original new one for my go 920t from amazon.com

Most TomToms, at least those x20 series and above, or anything NEWER than an x10 series, such as the TomTom One, use a MiniUSB charger.

My TomTom one broke, actually BOTH of my 720 chargers broke. I replaced it with a charger from a Garmin Nuvi. I use that charger to charge my bluetooth headset, my TomTom, My HTC Touch Pro 2, my "spy cameras," and several other devices.

You can get one just about anywhere, but keep in mind the possibility that if you buy one meant for a low powered device, it may have a lower mAh rating. For your TomTom, you would probably want one that is higher, as if it is too low powered, it might use more power than it is charging and you COULD have issues.You should be OK, as long it as it meant for similar device, such as in my case, a Garmin Nuvi charger. (this cable is MUCH higher quality than the TomTom one, and has lasted me three years so far of DAILY use on multiple devices. The OEM TomTom cables lasted less than 2 months...

Tiried my Tomtom charger on my dead Motorola Krazer phone and it just didn't seem to have enough power for it. The other way around works fine though!

Motorola phones charges are custom to the point you can't charge them from a PC USB port without software and drivers loaded on the pc.

You can either use a straight mini USB plug style lead which will plug in to the device but it makes it sit higher on the dash, or purchase the correct lead from TomTom as the newer XL devices have a rather unique mini USB right angled connector that sits in a recess on the base of the device making the connector appear to have a slight kink in the base of the plug body, the length of the connector part that enters the device is also slightly longer than most right angled Mini USB plugs - Mike

Ask a Question