Help - getting map from computer back onto tom tom

Hi All,

Looking for some assistance please, I am not very computer literate.

I purchased the USA maps and installed them to my Tom Tom One, having first copied the Western Europe maps to my computer and then deleted them from my device to make room for the USA maps.

I now cannot work out how to get te Western Europe map back onto my Tom Tom.

The map shows as being stored on my computer if I go into the remove items area of Tom Tom home but does not show up in the maps area, the only Westrn Europe map showing in the maps area is the downloadable version.

Can someone help please?

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

Connect the device to the PC and shut Home down, start Windows Explorer and look for the drive letter associated with your TomTom. Click the drive to reveal the contents.

First off copy the USA map back to the computer using Windows Explorer, then delete it from the device, now locate the Western Europe map folder on the computer right click the folder and select "Copy" now go back to the drive letter associated with your TomTom right click the drive letter and select "Paste" this will transfer the map to the device - Mike

Do I paste this into the maps folder on the device?

I deleted the USA map, copied and pasted the Western Europe map but after it had copied over the Tom Tom stated no maps were installed.

On my C drive I have a folder in the tom tom home folder named from device, the western europe map is in there, do I need to copy and paste everything from the "from device folder" and if so does this need to be pasted to a specific foler on the device?

Sorry about all this, I had some PC issues a few weeks ago and nothing has been simple since.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

The name of the folder on the unit MUST be named exactly as the map. So, if the map is Western_Europe, the folder must be called that and that's where the files you backed up go into.

For example, I have a map called North_America_2GB and that is the name of the folder as well.

Go to "add traffic, voices, etc" then keep arrowing through screens until you see "Items on my computer". You can add the map to your ONE from there.

Ask a Question