help car symbol

TomTom Model(s)
tom-tom go live 1000 europe
Hi , I'm new on here , but am rather stuck trying to make my car symbol for my TomTom GoLive 1000
Its a new Vauxhal Astra in Macadamia (darkish brown ) , if anybody can help that would be great

Hi and welcome to TTF!

Because vehicle pictures can be difficult for us to find In order for us to help, here are a few suggestions:

1. Have the latest version of MyTomTom installed on your computer. From there, you would need to choose Add community content / Add vehicle / then Browse to look your vehicle on your computer. But FIRST:

2. Please read the excellent information posted by Andy_P HERE on how to go about making a picture. The only change to the instructions would be to save the picture as a bmp rather than jpg file. Once that's complete, you can post it in this thread and someone should soon jump in to make the icon for you.

If you can't provide the picture, it might take awhile (and sometimes it is impossible) for someone to find the view of the vehicle you want.

2. Please read the excellent information posted by Andy_P HERE on how to go about making a picture. The only change to the instructions would be to save the picture as a bmp rather than jpg file.

Thanks Alfie, but can I ask why you suggest .bmp format for the original image?

The final icon should certainly be a .bmp file, but it doesn't matter what format the original picture is supplied in.

Just about every digital camera creates .jpgs as standard and a 640x480 jpg that's a few tens of kB in size ends up as about 1MB as a .bmp!
Also, the upload limit of this forum is also only 100kB for a .bmp file so they would never be able to post it as an attachment.

But thanks to you I've realised those instructions needed an extra line to warn about maximum file sizes for .jpgs as well, so cheers for that! :)

Last edited:
OK Mac, that's it. You're out of here.

This is a self-help forum run by volunteers. If one of us creates an icon for someone we do it as a FAVOUR. I have made several for people who ask nicely and it's not a 5 minute job.
Most people also like to LEARN something while they are here.

We can take as much constructive criticism as anyone wants to throw at us, but your constant snide remarks and carping is a waste of everyone's time.

Bye.

@johnsarah... Sorry about that little side discussion and then interruption from an idiot.

We are happy to make an icon, but it really helps if you can find a suitable picture of the car for one of us to work from, as we said above.

Either search for one on the web, or better still, take a snap of your own car from behind and slightly above as described in the link Alfie gave. That way you'll get exactly what you want. :)

I aint been able to get any pics of my car as whiter been bad and camera don't take pics lower than 10mp .. Found this one if any good

Attachments

• splash.jpg
    splash.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,225
I aint been able to get any pics of my car as whiter been bad and camera don't take pics lower than 10mp .. Found this one if any good
The size of the image that your camera takes should be no problem. There are a number of free programs available that will downsize the resolution of photo files. If you can get a photo that you like, just downsize it and post it here. In the past, a number of people have been willing to create an icon upon request.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Hi , I'm new on here , but am rather stuck trying to make my car symbol for my TomTom GoLive 1000
Its a new Vauxhal Astra in Macadamia (darkish brown ) , if anybody can help that would be great

This seems to work OK on my GPS, although there is a "shadow" behind the car which seems to happen when I do these for newer Nav units.

Attachments

• Vauxhal Astra .bmp
    18.8 KB · Views: 804
Hi Alfie67 that has come out great, many thanks now TomTom better than basic arrow etc.
Many Thanks again

You're welcome! The picture you posted was excellent.

Enjoy!!

Ask a Question