Help!! Can't Load US MAP back on. Help!!!!

I got a TomTom One 3rd edition for Christmas. I dowloaded the HOME program and all was fine. We then took a trip overseas and I purchased a UK map. Due to memory restictions, I had to remove the US map from the unit in order fit the uk map. I made my backup and put the uk map on the unit. Great. When I returned and went to put the US Map back on, TOMTOM asked if I wnted to upgrade my version HOME. After I did, My backup was gone and all trials to backup my uk map had errors...... I finally called TOMTOM, and they put another US/Canade map on my account. I still could't backup my UK map, but was able to remove it from my device. When I downloaded US map from TOMTOM into my account and put it on my device, It says "operation succesful" but my unit says no map found and contents of device show no map. WTF!!!!!!! How do I get the damn US/Canada map back on??? My wife is going on a trip tomorrow. please Help!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

I got a TomTom One 3rd edition for Christmas. I dowloaded the HOME program and all was fine. We then took a trip overseas and I purchased a UK map. Due to memory restictions, I had to remove the US map from the unit in order fit the uk map. I made my backup and put the uk map on the unit. Great. When I returned and went to put the US Map back on, TOMTOM asked if I wnted to upgrade my version HOME. After I did, My backup was gone and all trials to backup my uk map had errors...... I finally called TOMTOM, and they put another US/Canade map on my account. I still could't backup my UK map, but was able to remove it from my device. When I downloaded US map from TOMTOM into my account and put it on my device, It says "operation succesful" but my unit says no map found and contents of device show no map. WTF!!!!!!! How do I get the damn US/Canada map back on??? My wife is going on a trip tomorrow. please Help!!!!!!!!!!:confused:
I had this problem once, and I had to call support to get it loaded back on so that I could use it. Sorry :(

Did you try a pin reset?

Try going to TTHome and try to update your device. If the US/Canada was successfully downloaded, but not installed, it should pop up as an update (I have just been through downloading and installing a map that way). If it does, you will be good to go. If not, call support again - They will help you get it back.

A good feature within Home to manage maps in the future is to copy items (in this case maps) to you computer with Home before deleting them from your device. Then you can go to the add Maps, Voices, etc. Icon in Home and toggle over to the last icon in that sub-menu (which is the Items on you Computer Icon), and load them back whenever you want to. This is the best way to manage maps, as restores impact everything.

It is always a good idea to also make a backup with windows explorer of everything.

Ask a Question