HELP Cannot get my new unit working!!!!!

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 720
I just got my 720 in today, but so far I am having no luck, I have loaded the Home software and been able to sync, see the contents of the unit, but whenever I disconnect it and turn it on, I just get a blinking X icon with a little hard drive in the corner. Will not start up no matter what I do. Please someone help me get this going. I am flying out tomorrow and really wanted to take it on the trip.

Can I connect the 720 to a windows PC as well as the Mac, or is it you go with one OS or the other. I may be able to load it on my laptop at work tomorrow just to get it up and running. I can then work on the Mac issue when I get back from my trip. Have a 2:00 flight to KY and will not have a chance to troubleshoot the Mac.

Can I connect the 720 to a windows PC as well as the Mac, or is it you go with one OS or the other. I may be able to load it on my laptop at work tomorrow just to get it up and running. I can then work on the Mac issue when I get back from my trip. Have a 2:00 flight to KY and will not have a chance to troubleshoot the Mac.

Try it on the PC. The unit doesn't care what kind of computer it is connected to; the issue with a MAC seems to be how robust the TTHome software is, not anything so much with unit.

Well it took some work, but I finally got it up and running, thanks for all the help, it got me headed in the right direction.

Ask a Question