Help! 3rd Part App

I have the TomTom One xl and have been trying to install 3rd party apps and I have no idea what I am doing. I have tried following the instructions on the website I downloaded the app from and I am having no luck. Can some one please explain how to install 3rd party apps. I did a search but it came up with nothing.

Might help if you let us know exactly what 3rd party apps you are trying to install.

I've been trying to get His Fuel Control to work on My TT 3rd edition with no luck:eek:
Between NavCore 7 & 8, TomTom changed something & now most 3rd party apps don't function.

There are reports in this forum that a few can be made to work, like TripMaster, but this looks like a software issue.

Either TomTom or the app's creators need to change their code.

Between NavCore 7 & 8, TomTom changed something & now most 3rd party apps don't function.

There are reports in this forum that a few can be made to work, like TripMaster, but this looks like a software issue.

Either TomTom or the app's creators need to change their code.

Well ok thanks Looks like that would be pretty Handy to have. Oh well have to keep Looking.

Thanks for the info.

I am wanting to put some sort of media player on my tomtom also. Please help.
A free media player/video player that does work on v8 Navcore is TomPlayer
1. Go to http://www.tomplayer.net/
and Select Download

That or go to SourceForge but I recommend the above so you can read about it.

2. You may want to read this forum about encoding videos

Note: about directories for TomPlayer you may want to edit tomplayer.ini
to save your videos and Audio to a SD card if you have one.
/mnt/sdcard = the TTGO
/mnt/movinand = a SD Card if you use one of those and will get more space.

You can also save space by wrapping your videos in the matroska container (mkv file)

Ask a Question