Hello From Canada

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
Hey!

I'm on the west coast and I just got my TomTom ONE today.

I have a few questions.

1. When I install TomTom HOME and plug in the ONE, it asks for an update (phone connect and some firmware update). Are those two necessary? I believe the firmware updates it to 6.52??

2. How do I cancel route guidance? Say I don't need it any more and just want the TomTom to display the map?

3. Any tips and tricks for first time GPS users?

4. Any easter eggs on the ONE?

5. How useful is it in Canada? I'll probably use it on US trips but I'd like to know if I can use it in Canada such as Vancouver Island or anywhere eastward such as the Okanagan?

TIA! Hope to contribute to this forum as I gain more experience with my TomTom.

Hello and welcome.

1. You should allow updates. That particular update I believe is to fix problems with phone connecting to the unit.

2. Go to page 3 of 3 in your preferences and select show all menu options. This will add a 3rd page to your main menu. Next, page 3 of 3 in the main menu will show clear route option.

3. Click Here, it has tips for new GPS Nav users.

Hello and welcome to the forums.

#5 My brother in law has a Go300 that he uses in Edmonton Alberta. He claims its awesome.

Ask a Question