Headset will not work with phone

Hi. I have a TomTom Rider 2.
My problem is the headset works with GPS instructions/directions, but not my Nokia N73 phone.
I have established bluetooth connections between all 3 devices, and the Bluetooth options in the phone have been set to "Authorised"

If I use the TomTom screen promps I can make a phone call that actually connects, but I cannot hear anything or be heard.??!! (Bit like being married!)

Still not working:(
I now ring TomTom helplines, 40 minutes no answer, still on hold.
Give Up.:mad:

I then find this site; Great.
I look into the Bluetooth connections and Headset connections in the TomTom itself as advised.

Still no joy:confused:

Please Help.

Neil, Desperate Welshman, Wales, UK.

I think you might be limited to one bluetooth device at a time.

Also, with some phones - if you are connected to another bluetooth device, the headset connection is disabled.

The ScalaRider headset is designed to be able to use your phone in conjunction with the Rider2, infact that is the whole point of it.... Maybe go to the Cardo website and see if there is any help available there?

http://www.cardowireless.com/scala_rider/

manual

http://www.cardowireless.com/files/ScalaRider_Manual_English.pdf

You probably have to connect each time after any of the companants have been turned off, not re-pair, but just reconnect.

You phone is listed on the TT support site as being compatible for hands-free calling and TT services for the Rider2, so it might just be some setting or something. I am still fussing around trying to get a "non-listed" phone to work.

cheers!

Last edited:
As a ps;, I have since got my Samsung SPH300 to pair with my Rider2. It is now a matter of establishing the Wireless Data portion in order to use any of the plus services.

Cheers

Hi. I have a TomTom Rider 2.
My problem is the headset works with GPS instructions/directions, but not my Nokia N73 phone.
I have established bluetooth connections between all 3 devices, and the Bluetooth options in the phone have been set to "Authorised"

If I use the TomTom screen promps I can make a phone call that actually connects, but I cannot hear anything or be heard.??!! (Bit like being married!)

Still not working:(
I now ring TomTom helplines, 40 minutes no answer, still on hold.
Give Up.:mad:

I then find this site; Great.
I look into the Bluetooth connections and Headset connections in the TomTom itself as advised.

Still no joy:confused:

Please Help.

Neil, Desperate Welshman, Wales, UK.

Hi all,

I just got the TomTom Rider 2 yesterday and have the exact same problem.

I can make and receive calls thru the unit but once connected I cannot hear anything or be heard. When I make the call as it's ringing I hear it thru the headset, but once it connects...nothing.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I had a problem hearing phone calls until I discovered that the volume for phone calls can be adjusted independently from driving instructions, but it can only be done during a call. Tap the bottom left of the screen and a volume adjustment bar appears, adjust as necessary.

Can't hear anything when making/receiving hands free call!

I have paired my Nokia 6300 with my tomtom rider, including the scala rider headset of course. The problem is that I cannot hear anything when making or recieving a call. I can hear the ringing, but then when it comes to the talking, i can't hear anything!!

I have tried this on two different phones, and each time I cannot hear anything. I have also (during the call tapped the bottom left hand screen and adjusted the volume to 100% and I still don't hear anything!

The other person vaguely hears me but I dont hear anything!

P.S Im sorry for repeating myself here lol

Im really hoping you guys can help :)

headset will not work

I have had a nightmare trying to find a Verizon phone that would work with the Rider2. TomTom support and Verizon support have been especially unhelpful. However, I just got an XV6900 from Verizon that would pair with the TomTom in the store (we tried 5 or 6). Unfortunately, when I got it home it would not allow me to make or receive calls. Eventually I discovered that the phone would actually communicate with the Rider but I did not get the little phone symbol in the upper left of the screen to notify me of an incoming call and I could not make outgoing calls. What I next discovered was that the wireless data icon on the TomTom had to be turned on. This allowed me to make and receive calls but the headset then quite working. Charging both the headset and the GPS seemed to sort this out. Still can?t load my phone book, I only get two names/numbers loaded. Another note, be sure you have your phone set to hands free and to auto answer in a few rings.

Good luck, this can be sooo annoying.

Art.

Ask a Question