Headphones for One XL?

I have installed a media player from mobilnova on my TT One XL. However, I want to watch movies on an airplane, and need headphones. There is no standard earphone jack on the unit. Has anyone connected earphones to a One or One XL via the mini-usb or that other RDS-TMC connector?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I would like to do the same thing. One way would be to open the TT and find the connections to the speakers and then wire to a mini audio plug that would have to be mounted in the TT.

I'm sure that would work but some experienced in electronics is required.

I like the idea of using the USB port with a USB headset. Someone with software skills would have to write or find a USB driver and figure out how to get the audio sent to the driver.

I haven't tried to find info on either approach. One idea is to email Mobilnova and ask them to add the feature to their software. Their software package is very nice and they probably have the skill to do it but do they want to invest the time?

I could do the wiring part but don't have the time at the moment. I could probably do the USB interface but would have to be retired with nothing else to do for two months. There would be a big learning curve. Maybe someone in the Open TomTom project would like to tackle the project.

Ask a Question