Having to "reset" too many times...help

I keep my tomtom plugged into my cig lighter outlet 24/7. The outlet is powered full time. Sometimes my truck sits for a week before I drive it. Anyways, the darn tomtom wont power up. I'll have to hit the reset button (sometimes 15 times) before it will power up. I had noticed I had to reset it a few times before. My last outting I finally just left the darn thing powered on for 4 days straight, until I got back home ( covered it at night so it wasnt noticable ).

I call TomTom and the tech told me I have to charge it up once a week in home. I even explained the green light was on while it's plugged into my vehicle and the battery power indicator showed a full charge. Finally after argueing with tech support it;s NOT the battery charge level, she told me to do a hard reset. She said I had to connect to the internet and get a file that ended in "tools". I dont remember what she said as I was driving down the road when I was talking to her. I have looked on TomTom and couldnt find it. Anyone have any idea what she was talking about?

And yes, I know the manual says a hard reset is done in the menu section of the TomTom itself by restoring factory defaults, but the tech person told me this was something I had to have the TomTom plugged into the computer to do.

You are correct. I called them again ( dont know why I didnt do that to start with ), snd she had me DL the clear flash program.

Funny though, the 1st tech support was sure it was a battery problem. When I explained it all again, this tech didnt think so.

Oh well. flash program installed and I'll have to see what happens.

Thanx

where to get "clear flash" app

I tried the link but it's not working and did a search. Is the "clear flash" app available, or only through tech support?

thanks, j

thanks,

what is this app clearing beyond what a hard reset will clear?

Are existing routes a common problem when rebooting?

j

Ask a Question