Have not been able to access Live Services for weeks

TomTom Model(s)
GOLIVE1535
I have a GOLIVE1535 and live in Southern California (if it matters). A few weeks back when the latest map was available I downloaded it an the the other available updates. All installed well. Since then I have not been able to connect to LIVE services at all. My subscription is valid until april of 2014. I've opened three separate cases with TomTom technical support by phone and the last comment I got from them was that all live services are down and they could not tell me when they would be available again if at all. I was shocked and asked them to confirm that not any of their subscribers has service and the tech confirmed that. He said that he could start the process to refund my subscription payment. I think I'm being lied to and that there is more to this tHan they are telling me since I cannot find any third part verification of what I am being told.

Technically, I've tried everything I know and went through all the steps they asked me to over the phone. Multiple hard and soft resets of the device etc.

I'm not sure if this matters, but I notice there is a slot in the device for a SIM card and mine did not come with one and is empty. I'm thinking this might be for use in other countries. Again, my device had worked well until the recent map update.

Does anybody have any ideas or insight or can anyone at least confirm that their live services are up and working fine?

That slot is for a micro sdhc card but none comes provided with the unit.

When you go to network connections-->connections, what values show there? Are there values for the MCC, SIM ID, IMEI and Model? And what does the Status show (left side of screen)>

Are you getting any live services other than traffic?

Have you tried a drum reset?

Can you try to disable flight mode and immediately enable flight mode?

I think you need to call CS (again) and ask for 2nd level support (or a supervisor). I don't buy the argument about an outage.

Let me try to contact somebody I know with a unit with Live Services and see if he has an outage (he lives in S. Cal. as well).

I was contacted by dhn a few minutes ago, and I can confirm that my LIVE Services are working in the Los Angeles area, even in locations where I can only get two bars of signal (the maximum is five, as shown in the Connections menu of the device).

I use both a GO LIVE 1535M and a GO LIVE 2535M.

Can you please check the following:

1. Enter the Settings menus, by tapping on Settings in the Main menu.
  2. Find the Connections menu (should be on the second screen).
  3. Tap on Network. What do you see? There should be four lines of information, including MMC/MNC, SIM ID, IMEI, Model.

My contact has had NO problems connecting with Live Services today (many times) or the last week. DEMAND to speak with a supervisor to check the status of the sim card.

One other thing to check on your computer...........

Go to network connections, see if the 1535 is listed but DISABLED. If so, enable it.

Oh, one more thing...........

If you do NOT share your information, Live Services will be disabled. Go to Settings-->Me and my device-->My information, you must say 'ok'.

Agree with the suggestion you check information sharing. That would certainly stop LIVE Services from working if not enabled.

Otherwise, if the above check of Networks shows everything to be connected, then I would suggest you also try the following:
  1. Go to the Main menu.
  2. Tap on the LIVE Services icon.
  3. On the second page, you should find an icon labelled My Services. Tap on that. Do you see your subscriptions listed there?
  4. Exit the Services menu and, from the Settings menus, navigate to MyTomTom account. Tap on the icon.
  5. You should be asked to login to your account on the next screen. Tap Yes to proceed.
  6. The next screen should ask you for your Username. Enter the e-mail address you used to create your MyTomTom account if it is not already there. Make sure this is the e-mail address you first used when you bought the device, in case you inadvertently used a different address to update your maps recently.
  7. Can you log in correctly?

When you go to network connections-->connections, what values show there? Are there values for the MCC, SIM ID, IMEI and Model? And what does the Status show (left side of screen)

MCC-blank
SIM ID - blank
Imei - blank
Model - 00.02.08
Status - connecting...

Are you getting any live services other than traffic?

I am getting nothing. It is not connecting to live services at all.

Have you tried a drum reset?

Multiple times and several system resets as well.

Can you try to disable flight mode and immediately enable flight mode?

Did not work.

I think you need to call CS (again) and ask for 2nd level support (or a supervisor). I don't buy the argument about an outage.

I think your right.

Status is stuck

Agree with the suggestion you check information sharing. That would certainly stop LIVE Services from working if not enabled.

Information sharing is on.

Enter the e-mail address you used to create your MyTomTom account if it is not already there. Make sure this is the e-mail address you first used when you bought the device, in case you inadvertently used a different address to update your maps recently.
Can you log in correctly?

I cannot.

(Edited to sort out quotes and replies (AP))

Last edited by a moderator:
OK - if you have all blank data for the connection info (e.g., MCC. SIM ID, etc.) then you need to follow dhn's advice on checking settings. If no joy, call TomTom, and INSIST on a supervisor who can manage Jaspar/Live connection issues. It sounds very much like the SIM card in your unit has never been associated with the requisite cellular account.

Thank you for the recommendation. I will try and call back to them tomorrow and INSIST on a manager. I'll comment back with my experience.

The 1st level guys all seem to be completely incapable of dealing with Live service issues, but they do have people for that.

Thanks everyone for the help. I wanted to make sure I followed up and let you know my outcome. I called them back and got the same runaround and nonsense and asked for a supervisor. I got him on the line and he started off with the same "there is a problem and we are working to fix it, but we don;t know when that fix will happen." No details on the problem etc. I shared with him that others with my same device had no problems. He had a non-answer for everything. I mentioned that it might be the SIM and said that he should replace my device knowing it was well out of warranty. He agreed immediately and emailed me an RMA number and where to ship it to. I did and within two weeks I had a brand new unit and an extra four months of free LIVE services. In the end I am happy with the result as everything is working well again, but man did they make it painful. I should not have to walk them down the troubleshooting road and I do feel like I was lied to on there ever being an issue on their side. I love the device and the HD traffic is unbelievably good. I have tried the RF TomTom traffic on another device and my Acura has the SIRIUSXM traffic which is alright, but the TomTom HD is the best.

Good to hear that you got it resolved, but for others who follow down this path and aren't lucky enough to get a replacement unit offered ...

Again, you want neither 1st level support nor their supervisors. The "Live" folks are of a different breed altogether, specializing in problems of this nature, and they're the only ones who are capable of dealing with enabling SIM cards with the cellular providers and similar issues.

Had he not offered you a new unit, you'd have been up a creek until you could convince them to pass you up to the right folks.

Ask a Question