hard wire

Hi,
I'm brand new to the site and to anything electrical in relation to my cbr600f.
I have a tomtom rider 2 for 2 years and always just use it by re-charge. I dont have any idea how to wire it to the battery...can anyone point me in a good direction. I have the cable and have see a previous post on using a fuse but dont know how/where this goes or what or how it is connected or plugged into.
I would really appreciate any help/advice
thanks

Does This offer any ideas, I know its not the same bike but the same method of connecting the electrics can be employed on your machine - Mike

Its actually a pretty simple connection. The black should go to your negative battery (most bikes use aluminum frames and should not be used as a ground) and the red to your positive on the battery with an inline fuse with the appropriate amperage.

Some like to add a relay so that when the key is off, so is the power to your Rider. I have mine connected thru a junction box that contains fuses, but the power is always on. I left the Rider turned on once for 3 days and it had no effect on starting the bike.

Cheers!

thank youfor the advice people, now I just have to find an inline fuse (what ever that is), ill ask at a elec shop. i take it it justt needs to be connected to the positive wire...that was part of my confusion, how 2 wires can go into one fuse...
i shall endevour to find out a bit more before i either blow up the bike or drain the battery.
thanks

Ask a Question