Hard wire tip

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I have read alot of ppl wanting to hard wire units into their vehicles, and wanting to buy cig lighter adapters. Save some money and solder a positive and negative wire on a spare mini usb car adapter. I am a auto install tech , and this is often the way it is done. Now getting your dash apart...:)
Hope it helps, cheers.

I have read alot of ppl wanting to hard wire units into their vehicles, and wanting to buy cig lighter adapters. Save some money and solder a positive and negative wire on a spare mini usb car adapter. I am a auto install tech , and this is often the way it is done. Now getting your dash apart...:)
Hope it helps, cheers.
BAD idea. Car is 12 volts. Mini-usb is 5 volts. The cigarette lighter adapter includes a voltage converter, as do the products you can buy from proclip.

Ummm, ok...what is the voltage in your cars accessory outlet?..hmm, 12 volts?

Hehe, the adaptor that comes with your TT converts it to 5v, 2a output..it IS safe..and a good idea :)

cheers , RDub

Ask a Question