Hard Drive Error After Home 2 Update

My specs are:

Intel Core i7 920 @2.67ghz
6gb installed ddr3
64 bit Win 7 home premium
acer aspire m7720 desktop

Ok I have now noticed that when I connect the device to the pc both as a removable drive (G) and as the unit drive (H).

Now when I start Home by itself I get the "pqservice" start flashing and it affects any windows open at the time. When I connect the device and I'm asked if I want to connect to pc and hit yes, I get the usual black screen with tomtom then 2.9 is stable but the windows I had open, I have to close because they are still flashing. I am then able to do what ever in tomtom, even use the device to plan a route but as soon as I disconnect the device, problem starts again with the "pqservice".

The other issue I have now is that I have lost all my cameras. I have tried the usual fixes as offered but to no avail. I wondering if I should try and just reformat the device and start from scratch. The cameras are a separate issue att though.

Kind regrards

As to seeing two drives appear (G and H) when you connect your unit, that would be expected if you have installed a uSD card. Since the 550 came with only 1GB of internal memory, it wouldn't surprise me if you had done so. Is that the case?

Interesting! If I understand you correctly, when you connect your device, you see both G and H appear as storage devices, and when you disconnect, both of these storage devices disappear again. Can you use Explorer to check the contents of both G and H, please, and advise the sort of content you find in each? I would expect your TomTom to be the "G" drive. I am wondering if "H" is your recovery partition?

As to seeing two drives appear (G and H) when you connect your unit, that would be expected if you have installed a uSD card.

I thought that was normal on a PC even if the SD card slot is empty? I certainly get two new drives showing every time I plug up my Go950 which doesn't have a card installed

(But I'm told Macs don't show a drive for the SD card slot if it's empty)

Yes, that's normal. Just verifying that the OP's IS normal!

If the card is not installed, one should see the TomTom identified (with logo and all) as the first device, but the second drive, while allocated, should only up as an otherwise unidentified "Removable storage device" and should be unavailable for viewing ("Please insert a disk" when you try). I HOPE that's what the OP sees, but I want to confirm that when opening that 'second' device, he doesn't start seeing any content that shouldn't be there. If he sees content there, it would explain what is happening when Home tries to access what it thinks is the 2nd 'partition' on the TomTom. Still grasping at straws here.

Ask a Question