Hands Free Calling

Hello,
I have just purchased a tomtom 910. I am attempting to connect my verizon chocolate lg8550 to it. The 8550 is the new version of the 8500 (the original chocolate). The 8500 has been confirmed on tomtom's website to have worked for hands free.
I can see the tomtom when I use my phone as the searcher. When I attempt to enter 0000 for the passcode it fails.
I cannot get my tomtom to see my phone at all.
I called support and all they did is walk me through a hard reset.
Is it possible that Verizonis blocking me from using this feature? Is there a way to unblock it? I really want to keep the 910 but if I can't use it for hands free I may return it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

thanks for the suggestion. I have seen that post while I was searching and did not have any luck. I just get a device pairing incomplete on my phone and no phones found on my tomtom.

Doesn't Verizon usually neuter their Blue Tooth stack on all their phones?
I know for their HTC's they did.

Check your phones bluetooth settings. I'm not familiar with your phone but some phones have a "discoverable" feature. Your phone must be discoverable for the function to work. I use my 910 with my blackberry and it works great. I hope you get yours to work for you.

Yes my phone is in discoverable mode. Thanks for the suggestion.
As to whether Verizon blocks the stack, I am not sure. The technical service rep at verizon would not give me a clear cut answer. I am able to pair my phone with my laptop. I think there are hacks that can be done to unlock bluetooth capabilities of phones but I am not sure that Verizon is the one at fault here. I think it may be on TomTom's end. I am researching which bluetooth protocols are accessible to users of the phone in the meantime and ways to unlock them. Does anyone know which it is that provides this functionality? Or of any good links to unlock such features?

I was able to pair my phone with a Magellan when i was in circuit city last weekend, which is why I think it is a TomTom issue.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ask a Question