hands free calling not supported go 720

Anyone see this before? I bought a Go 720, and one of the things I checked first was that my phone was supported. I have a Nokia N75. On http://www.tomtom.com/phones/compatibility/?intPhone=301 it clearly states this phone is supported for handsfree calling. So I tried to make a call with the TomTom, and get "feature not supported". I also tried to find a phone number with the TomTom and get the same message.

Would it help or hurt to upgrade the firmware, to the one they offered me on TomTom Home? I think it was 7.845. I currently have 7.221

I sent them a support request but don't know how long it will take to get an answer.

I had the same problem...

I deleted the phone from my TomTom 720 and then re-discovered it and it found all services properly - note that I did not delete the TomTom from my phone...

Note that I have an HTC TyTn (AT&T 8525) and I DID have wireless DUN working - but that was originally the ONLY service discovered - I needed to reinitiate the process to get the Hands-free service discovered by the 720...

HTH
Bill

Anyone see this before? I bought a Go 720, and one of the things I checked first was that my phone was supported. I have a Nokia N75. On http://www.tomtom.com/phones/compatibility/?intPhone=301 it clearly states this phone is supported for handsfree calling. So I tried to make a call with the TomTom, and get "feature not supported". I also tried to find a phone number with the TomTom and get the same message.

Would it help or hurt to upgrade the firmware, to the one they offered me on TomTom Home? I think it was 7.845. I currently have 7.221

I sent them a support request but don't know how long it will take to get an answer.

Well, after three days of searching various gps forums, I found a working solution. I never did get a response from the supoort request I put in at tomtom.com. It's not in their documentation, but apparently the voice side had to be configured before the data. So I had to delete my phone from the TomTom, reset the TomTom, then configure the handsfree calling and phone book import, then reset the TomTom again, then configure the data side for traffic updates. Then reset the TomTom one more time, and everything works just fine! Too bad they didn't put this in the user manual, or answer my request for help.

by the way I did try these functions after each step, and the resets do appear to be very necessary.

Handsfree with Go720 and BB curve 8310

Does anyone know why the curve 8310 handsfree has a buzzing sound when making hf calls everything else works fine. Data connection, can get weather.
TomTom is telling me the phone is not compatible.

Ask a Question