Greetings from Northern Virginia

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I travel a lot to sell my photographs at fine art festivals and rely on GPS.
The GO 720 is my second TomTom. My first was the one that paired with my Palm Treo 650, which worked pretty well. I then got a 910 which I sold because of redundancy (a mistake in hind sight). Then I tried a Magellan Maestro (Magellan and Mac do not play well together), then brought home a Garmin Nuvi 660 for a short spell (not quite up to TomTom standards, but thought the Navteq maps might be superior--not in my estimation. When TomTom announced the 720, I ordered it, then returned the Garmin. The fact that TomTom is not American has consistently been a source of frustration, mitigated by the quality of their units. As a Mac user, I'm finally getting some satisfaction as TomTom improves support. I am very glad this sight exists!
For recreation, geocaching, tracking, hiking, etc., I have until now used a Magellan Sportrak Pro, and just ordered a Garmin 76 CSX for a variety of reasons, not the least of which Magellan software is a joke and a constant source of frustration.

Ask a Question