Great TomTom One clip for vent found

That's almost the identical clip you get from MountGuys, except the one from MountGuys has a foot on the bottom of it to help alleviate the downward pressure on the vent from the weight of the GPS. And it's also $5 cheaper from MountGuys too...

Last edited:
looks like that one has the foot, it's just folded up between the vent mounting tabs.

this is the one I have. it works ok, but vent mounts put your unit in the way when you want to use the vent. airflow is restricted and heating is too hot on the unit IMHO. The mounting tabs prevent my vent louvres from closing, although SShadow has indicated that's not a problem on his vehicle.

also in both my vehicles, a neon and a cobalt, this mount with the gps installed blocks the view of some of the controls.

It holds the gps securely but it's a bit flimsy in that it moves around easily and the weight of the gps pulls the vent downward so actual placement is a bit limited. it works, but after using it for a couple of months I'd rather have something that puts the GPS in the same general area in the vehicle, but not on the vent.

In your case, Flyer, you may have to resort to the ProClip that has the mount that slides in between two parts of your dash... I had half thought about getting that one for my Santa Fe, but then when I looked at the pics, I realized that with the GPS mounted on the clip where they were showing it mounted, it would either block my stereo or block the other buttons on my dash... *shrug* As I mentioned in the previous thread where we were talking about it - you just have to look closely to how your dash is made, and make the best choice on what you have to work with... ;)
In all honesty, I love how the ProClip mounts - it just wasn't the best option for my dash.

And, yes, the vent clip does move around on mine, but only if you really push it hard - and if you are pushing it that hard, you're going to end up damaging the touchscreen after prolonged use. In fact, it would hold securely if the vent fins on which the clip mounts weren't so thick - they don't fit in the U shaped part of the end of the clip, so it's just held there by the two tines. And I've been over some pretty bumpy roads and it's never moved yet... So I am pleased! :p

In any case, that clip works good for me... :) And you couldn't beat the price, either.

Ask a Question