gps status

why have i sometimes got up 11 (satellites) sometimes maybe 7 on my status screen, if they wer satellites would they not travell around the globe in a straight line instead of jumping around my status screen as they are lost, can anyone tell me why the settings for the tomtom buddy dont seem to be on my borrowed tomtom and the advanced options have been removed i cant access any of the settings even tho i changed owners, summing things up im locked out of the important things and iv got 11 dancing sattellites bouncing round my screen. have to give it bak tomorow tho so needent stress to much and the speed camera warning works great luv it, just wish i cud get into the full setting s and have a look around

There probably is an icon saying 'show more options' on your preferences screens. Just arrow right till you find it.

It's normal not to have the same number of satellites detected during a session. Many factors come into play.

The GPS birds are not in geo stationary orbit they go around the planet twice per day which can influence what you see in terms of numbers overhead at any one time, observe the screen for long enough and you will be able to make out their individual track as they pass over you part of the sky - Mike

Ask a Question