gps signal not picking up right away

I was wondering if you guys have been having problems picking up your gps signal. I have always updated my gps i have the latest update. I used to get a signal when i was in my house now it i am not getting anything now it s taking me at 2 to 3 minutes if iam lucky to get a signal and that when i am in the car. Do you guys have any solutions.

I was wondering if you guys have been having problems picking up your gps signal. I have always updated my gps i have the latest update. I used to get a signal when i was in my house now it i am not getting anything now it s taking me at 2 to 3 minutes if iam lucky to get a signal and that when i am in the car. Do you guys have any solutions.
Sounds as though the sensitivity of your unit has gone into the bucket. Providing you don't have a roof full of snow right now, and haven't changed recently to a car with the windows that tend to block the signal, I'd say your TT is in rough shape. Just how rough we'd be better able to tell if you'd press on the 5 bar signal strength meter and have a look at the # of satellites you can see and rough idea of signal strength (blue vertical bars). Sounds like you'll come back with some bad news, though.

Still under warranty?

Just a thought... did u DL the QuickFix update recently? There seems to be one everytime I fire up TT Home (unless, of course, I connect several times the same day)

I get the same issue every now-and-then. But, USUALLY, mine homes in pretty quick....

Without the QuickFix, it was taking about 1 to 2 minutes to get a signal. Now that I have started receiving the fixes again (had a problem before) my device will get an almost instant lock on a signal. So fast that I sometimes swear that my device gets a lock before I even turn it on.

Without the QuickFix, it was taking about 1 to 2 minutes to get a signal. Now that I have started receiving the fixes again (had a problem before) my device will get an almost instant lock on a signal. So fast that I sometimes swear that my device gets a lock before I even turn it on.

ahhhhhhhhhhh..... OK, excellent. :D

I was keying on the OP's comment "if iam lucky to get a signal", and the fact that his indoor performance (which is usually a bit weaker to begin with) became altogether unusable.

The absence of old ephemeris data (GPS QuickFix) has often slowed down the acquisition process a good bit, but a lock eventually occurs once information has been 'downloaded' from one of the satellites within view. It sounded as though his situation was somewhat different. That first post made it sound as though there were times when he wasn't getting enough signal to even develop a GPS lock. Will be interested to see whether the sat screen information is forthcoming. Neither tall gray bars nor all short bars are good, but at least the former recovers once the information is received.

Last edited:
I will get that problem occassionally when I turn my unit on indoors and then walk outside to the car. Try turning it off, then back on again. Works for me.

Ask a Question