GPS Quick Fix Not Working

I recently set up my 540TM WTE. I backed it up using Finder, and downloaded updates using HOME, including GPS Quick Fix.

The problem is my TT is still taking a good 2-3 minutes to figure out where it is. This occurs even after I was using the device the previous day, or even just a couple hours prior when I'm still parked at the location where it was last used.

Have others experienced this problem too? Are some week's GPS Quick Fix data wrong, and thus don't aid in getting a signal quickly?

Hopefully this problem will sort itself out when I download this week's Quick Fix data, but it was rather disappointing to experience this problem on my first use.

Yes, some gps files are less than accurate.

You can use Finder to delete all the files found in the ephem folder on your unit and then remove all the sub-folders found in the ephemeris folder found here:

c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\ephemeris\
(above path is for a pc. Not sure what is in on a Mac)

Then connect to Home and you should be offered a new gpsquickfix file.

Also, you should have the unit in a stationary, open area to grab the signal.

Ask a Question