GPS Gate - Signal Spliter

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 6 via Bluetooth
Im just curious .. has anyone here ever used gps gate?

Heres an experiment I did while using it ... im a geek so i found this to be pretty cool.

1. I have a bluetooth gps receiver so i just threw it out the window and used GPSGATE on my pocket pc to pickup the Bluetooth signal.

2. I also have an infrared usb dongle so i connected it to my notebook and synchoronized my notebook with my pocket pc half way across the room using activesync.

3. Running another GPS GATE application for my notebook I then took the GPS Signal from my pocket pc and send it to my Desktop PC using the tcpip connection over wifi.

So there you have it. From my bluetooth receiver to my PDA to my Notebook to my Desktop computer on another floor. Wow.

BLUETOOTH RECEIVER -> PDA [activesync, bluetooth] -> NOTEBOOK [wifi] DESKTOP PC.

Anyone ever experimented with this application? Please share

Interesting, so to me it sounds like you are using the PDA as sort of an access point for your pc.

Yeah pretty much .. the original idea i used the software for was to be able to use my notebook as a mapping alternative (larger screen) but didnt want to spend extra cash for a bluetooth dongle to sync with my bluetooth receiver. So being that my pda already has bt i just split the signal from my PDA to the notebook which im currently running IGuidance on. Works excellent

Yeah pretty much .. the original idea i used the software for was to be able to use my notebook as a mapping alternative (larger screen) but didnt want to spend extra cash for a bluetooth dongle to sync with my bluetooth receiver. So being that my pda already has bt i just split the signal from my PDA to the notebook which im currently running IGuidance on. Works excellent

Thats pretty cool. If you had a 910 or a RIDER you can use the device as a dedicated GPS reciever and connect to a pc via bluetooth and us MS S&T. Same idea as what your doing.

Thats pretty cool. If you had a 910 or a RIDER you can use the device as a dedicated GPS reciever and connect to a pc via bluetooth and us MS S&T. Same idea as what your doing.

Yup you got the idea, im actually thinking about writing an application for the pda to broadcast the nmea signal in the same manner via evdo whereas I can track the gps receiver from home. (ex. vehicle tracking).

Gps gate allows sharing of the nmea data

Yup you got the idea, im actually thinking about writing an application for the pda to broadcast the nmea signal in the same manner via evdo whereas I can track the gps receiver from home. (ex. vehicle tracking).

Gps gate allows sharing of the nmea data

You should take a look at this - Link. Maybe you can adapt it to use on your pda.

Ask a Question