GPS calculating Route from Home City when in Different City

Just looking to see if there's a quick and easy fix to my problem.

I have a TomTom 730, and I'm using the GPS in a different city than my home town. The favorites were previously added while in my home city.

The problem. While in the new city, when entering the destination, it's calculating from the home city which is a few 1000 miles away,..

thanks in advance.

I'm assuming you mean "I PLAN to use the GPS in a different city than my home town". Instead of "Navigate to", which obviously wouldn't be appropriate, try using "A/B Prepare Route". You can select the starting and ending points of your choice.

The result will be a route plan showing actual route and estimated time based upon the other parameters you included. Before you switch back to "really where I am mode", be sure to review the results with the "Details" button.

If you're already somewhere else, just give your TomTom a chance to figure out where it is. There's no reason that it should be calculating from your home - it should calculate from where you ARE.

Last edited:

Ask a Question