Got Navcore 7 for my one...

Well the clear flash sugestions is, as was expected, a load of ...
Changed nothing on my One's behaviour and it didn't even ask for activation codes.

Meanwhile TomTom support answered me that the problem is due to the fact that my device is an "E" serial device, and TomTom still hasn't released the Navcore version for these devices. Could it be? Maybe... or maybe they're just trying to get an excuse! :D

Excuses...I have a Z that was updated officially through TT Home and it has a lot of bugs including the screen brightness issue. I really hope they get this worked out because tehre are some nice adders.

I hate to continually bring this up, but it seems every time I read about TomTom support it's yet another hack job of an attempt to simply get their customer to hang up the phone and quit complaining. They seriously need to invest in a few people who actually know something about their product, because as it stands, I think we know more about the TomTom devices than the support team.

And I just got my first TomTom a week ago!

True... I work with client support and this is exactly what some people do just to get people to stop questioning and posing problems.

On a different support ticket I had also open with TomTom they keep insisting that the current version is not "compatible with One's with serials starting with "E" ".

I'll just wait for the update to be oficially available and bother them again! :p

I hate to continually bring this up, but it seems every time I read about TomTom support it's yet another hack job of an attempt to simply get their customer to hang up the phone and quit complaining. They seriously need to invest in a few people who actually know something about their product, because as it stands, I think we know more about the TomTom devices than the support team.

And I just got my first TomTom a week ago!

Maybe I've been one of the lucky ones but every interaction i've had with my TomTom ONE has been excellent. Downloading the new navcore to just troubleshooting why the battery was dying quickly has worked well. Hopefully these bad issues are more just isolated incidents than the norm.

Wait...you're saying they told you a way to get better life out of the unit? Please let me know because mine barely lasts an hour which is pretty lame for a PND.

Did a little road trip this morning and got to play around with Navcore 7 a little more. I really like the battery save feature...granted I had mine plugged in but even with it plugged in I kind of like not having the distraction of something bright and animated on my windshield. Once they fix the bug that brings the screen back at 100% intensity it will be perfect for me. I like how the display goes off after you have made your turns then comes back on ~2 miles from your next instruction. But what I really liked is that the speed alarm is still functional as well as your POI alerts. For the speed warning it just plays the sound you chose but for POI's it brings the screen back up so you can see where they are. This was great for me because there were several speed traps along the NJ Turnpike and GSP.

NAV 7 not so great

I updated my TT One today with NAV 7, although it looks impressive, one particular feature doesn't work right. There's an icon called "where am I" which is supposed to locate your position, the problem is, the city is WRONG, lucky thing I know where I am already, because if I was lost, I couldn't depend on the NAV 7 software to locate my position correctly, and that could mean the difference between life and death in an emergency.
So guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? I'll be switching back to version 6.

Would you just consider not using that particular feature? I think NavCore is a good update. The current street display is a feature that I like very much.

Ask a Question