Google Search Missing

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom via Live 120
Hi all - recently I tried to use the Google search facilility on my TT Go Via 120 Europe and discovered to my horror it wasn't there !!.
I was kind of stumped. How do I fix this problem is it downloadable ??.
I should add that I am a subscriber to all the TT live services etc.
Any help that you can give me is much appreciated.
Cheers

Hi all - recently I tried to use the Google search facilility on my TT Go Via 120 Europe and discovered to my horror it wasn't there !!.
I was kind of stumped. How do I fix this problem is it downloadable ??.
I should add that I am a subscriber to all the TT live services etc.
Any help that you can give me is much appreciated.
Cheers
TomTom's contract with Google has expired and they did not renew it.

TomTom is replacing Google Search with "TomTom Places".

With best wishes,
- Tom -

@Red Car Lad
Have you seen the appearance of the TomTom Places yet on your unit?

@Tom. Not entirely true mate....

I have a Go950 which I have deliberately left on v9.430 software. I can still get real Google search results on it.

Conversely, my fully updated Go940 gets TT Local Search results , which are invariably far inferior.

@Red Car Lad Can you be more specific about the situation when you say "it wasn't there"?

What menu items do you actually see when you go to Live Services?

@Tom. Not entirely true mate....

I have a Go950 which I have deliberately left on v9.430 software. I can still get real Google search results on it.
You Brits are really sneaky - I wish that I had thought of that approach to getting Google Search results . . .

With best wishes,
- Tom -

I just read on another user-forum that the contract runs out at the end of October. I wonder what will happen then!

October has come and gone so I'm wondering how that old version for Google use worked out?

Also, in what way is the TT version inferior as far as results? And do you think this will change after more time online?

The TT version does not find nearly as many searches as did Google, regardless of category.

Also, in what way is the TT version inferior as far as results? And do you think this will change after more time online?
The new search engine misses a lot of results, and sometimes comes back with strange results. Searching for a supermarket comes back with a lot of 7-11 type stores and misses half of the actual supermarkets. It's also VERY fussy with spelling. It will find "King Soopers" (correctly spelled regional Kroger grocery chain), but not "King Sooper" (missing 's') for example. Google's search engine did a better job in all respects.

Ask a Question