Google Maps in Tyre not the same as native GM

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 'New Edition'
I'll probably write the author of Tyre when I get to a computer with a mail client and account that I can check later, but for now, I'll ask here.

I was creating an itenerary using Tyre with Google Maps. The destination that I entered couldn't be found in the Google Maps interface. So I called up Google Maps without Tyre and could find the address there. The destination wasn't on the TomTom maps, either (hence the reason to use Tyre). So I guess my question is - Does Tyre use a different API or whatever than the one presented natively on the internet at maps.google.com?

Tyre's GM uses TeleAtlas for NA (or at least where I live), GM online uses NAVTEQ for NA, if you move over to Europe, it's TeleAtlas and something else in other parts of the world. On Tyre, TeleAtlas actually has my recent development while I'm still waiting for NAVTEQ to show it online. Another +1 for TT (at least for me).

I'll probably write the author of Tyre when I get to a computer with a mail client and account that I can check later, but for now, I'll ask here.

I was creating an itenerary using Tyre with Google Maps. The destination that I entered couldn't be found in the Google Maps interface. So I called up Google Maps without Tyre and could find the address there. The destination wasn't on the TomTom maps, either (hence the reason to use Tyre). So I guess my question is - Does Tyre use a different API or whatever than the one presented natively on the internet at maps.google.com?

Ask a Question