Going crazy trying to install new map

I'm going crazy. I tried for three days to purchase a map of Europe for my XXL 540-TM. It kept telling me there was an internal server error. I finally figured out that I could purchase the map through My TomTom instead of TomTom Home, but now I can't install it. I've removed my North American map, but I get the same "internal server error" in TomTom Home, and My TomTom doesn't recognize my device. PLEASE help me out.

You should be using Home 2, not MyTomTom for your model. If you purchased and downloaded the map, you should find it here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

and you can install it without using Home. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...nstall-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

BUT, two things:
1. If you did move the NA map to the computer and IF you did download the European map to the location I showed, then you should also be able to use Home2 to install.
2. If you did purchase the European map, then I hope it was NOT the Europe map but just a zoned section because unless you have a 540 WTE with 4 gb storage, then your model is just 2 gb and the entire Europe map will not fit.

The key again is that you should NOT be using MyTomTom (the web based interface) for your model.

Ask a Question