Go910. No safety cameras after new map and new version

Recently downloaded new map and updated to latest version. I think safety cameras are no longer there. Checked on Tomtom home and checked contents of 910 to find cameras are listed but size is only 0.1%. Have subscribed to cameras. Used to get camera updates every time connected to Home but this has no ceased. HELP!!!!

Send a pm to mikealder, a member here who is also a UK resident and a safety camera expert. He'll have you sorted out.

At the top of the screen is a 'User CP' menu item. Click it, then 'Send a new message' on the left side.

Post the question in this thread then others can benefit from it when using the search feature on the forum, for a start which Speed Camera database are you using, is it the offering from TomTom or PocketGPSWorld or somewhere else? - Mike

Switch the device on and go to TomTom Services/ TomTom Safety Cameras and you need to configure the camera warnings from this section of the menu, they introduced this change a while back but if you have only just updated the device perhaps this is the first time you have used it with the newer Safety Camera menu - I don't use the TT Cameras as I have found them to be inaccurate, but each to there own - Mike

Thanks,
I know how to configure the warnings. i am just not sure that the cameras are installed now. As I say before I updated I used to get camera updates every time I connected to Tomtom home, but not now.
I havent actually tested it on the road yet as there are no cameras nearby.
I dont know how to see if the safety cameras are installed.
On a previous update they disappeared.
Where can I get more reliable safety camera warnings from and are they easy to install?
regards
Will

Have a look at PocketGPSWorld.com for what is probably the best Speed Camera database available for the UK, there are other countries available from the same site but the UK database is second to none, there is a video guide detailing how to install and configure this which can be found on This web page, I should add the service is subscription based rather than free, but take a look and see what you think - Mike

Ask a Question