GO740 - what is the latest map number?

I bought a GO740 Sept 29th. Info: app 8.370 and map 825.2157.

What is the latest map # for the 740?

Home tells me I have the latest map but I have read here that it is not always correct.If I learn that the latest # is higher than mine, I can contact tomtom's support.

Thanks for all the information here.

Send a pm to SuperMod gatorguy. He has a 740 and will be able to provide the info you need.

Latest map is 835 for North America. The last 4 numbers are region and device dependent, but 825.2157 is not the latest map.

Thanks to all - I downloaded the 835 map today. I hope I can help someone some day the way I've gotten help here.

I just ourchased a 740 and installed TT Home and went to update my map which is 825.2157.

The Home program says I have the latest map and I cant seem to use the guaranteed latest map...it just says I have the most up-to-date map. Do I need to uninstall my map????

No, you need to call support at 866-486-6866 and they'll add the newest (835) map to your account. Home is notoriously crappy for giving false information like that.

That I think you'll need to do online using Home. But check anyway. They are open on Saturdays.

does anyone know when map when map 8.351 was released. I purchased my 740 in July and Home is telling me that I have the current map (8.25). I'm wondering if I missed a map guarantee.

8,351 is the Navcore version number it isn't anything to do with the map, for map release dates perhaps the following might be of help:

Map version 810 - 03 Sept 08

Map version 815 - 10 Nov 08

Map version 825 - 27 Feb 09

Map version 830 - 18 May 09

Map version 835 - 20 Aug 09

I think you will need to discuss the map issue with TomTom support though as you only get 28 days to use the latest map guarantee, depending upon when in July you purchased the device you should have either 830 or possibly 835 installed IF you used the LMG offer - Mike

My 740 live came with Navcore 8.37 and map 8.25. Home, of course, did not know of any map upgrades, so I called TomTom and got them to attach the latest map to my account. I upgraded to map 8.35 and discovered that the new map broke my "live" abilities. I called TT back and they said that this is a known issue and they had me go back to map 8.25 which fixed my live traffic feed. TT is allegedly working on this and said to call back in a few days... Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

My 740 live came with Navcore 8.37 and map 8.25. Home, of course, did not know of any map upgrades, so I called TomTom and got them to attach the latest map to my account. I upgraded to map 8.35 and discovered that the new map broke my "live" abilities. I called TT back and they said that this is a known issue and they had me go back to map 8.25 which fixed my live traffic feed. TT is allegedly working on this and said to call back in a few days... Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

You're replying to an earlier thread. Navcore 8.370 is the current latest for a Tomtom 740.

If your live services are broken with the new map, try fix #1 here.

Ask a Question